Friday, May 29, 2015

Two Poles in goal

Note: If you don't follow Arsenal FC, this post may not make much sense to you.

Wojciech Sczesny's father Maciej used to be a pretty successful goalkeeper himself back in the day. This means that whenever he feels like talking about his son's current situation at Arsenal, some Polish sports media outlet will print whatever he has to say, which means that soon enough it will be all over British sports tabloids. Here's what Wojciech had to say on his Facebook account about dad's latest outburst:
Really shouldn't be dealing with this one day before the cup final but my father leaves me no choice.
I have not spoken to him in more than 2 years and just like everybody else I have had enough of his idiotic comments about The Football Club and The Manager I owe so much to! Therefore please do not consider his comments as my shared view. Thank You for your understanding!
When I saw this I immediately thought, how incredibly Polish. How familiar. We're basically a nation of people who all have extremely dysfunctional relationships with their fathers. That's why we're all borderline. Borderline Personality Disorder was practically invented in Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment